|This book presents nine major methods people can use to avoid, or reduce, Federal estate taxes.
Estate taxes are the taxes that kick in when an individual's estate, or a couple's combined estate, exceeds $675,000. And the taxes are steep — rates start at 37% and go up to 55%.
In clear, concise terms the book explains how you can save your family money by:
* making gifts of under $10,000
* making gifts for tuition or medical expenses
* giving or leaving property to a spouse
* establishing a Bypass (AB) Trust
* establishing a QTIP Trust
* establishing a QDOT Trust
* contributing to charity
* transferring ownership of your life insurance policies
* using disclaimers
Written by two experts in estate planning, 9 Ways to Avoid Estate Taxes can save your family many thousands of dollars. They'll love you forever.
UF Bookstore Main | Home