The Internal Revenue Service is the taxpayer's nightmare, and for good reason -- a tax bill or other notice can come out of nowhere and wreak havoc on your life.
But now you can confront America's most intimidating government agency with confidence. Stand Up to the IRS
reveals the tactics of the IRS and how to deal with them. This book even contains confidential forms used by IRS agents during collection interviews and audits.
Use Stand Up to the IRS to:
- file a late return
- work out a long-term payment plan
- get a Taxpayer Assistance Order
- settle your tax bill for pennies on the dollar
- stop collection efforts
- avoid property seizures
- protect your assets
- determine if bankruptcy offers a solution
- learn what to say when you face an auditor
- appeal the auditor's decision
If necessary, Stand Up to the IRS also provides the information and forms you need to go to Tax Court, including everything you need to represent yourself in cases involving less than $50,000.