|Finding the right kind of long-term care, in the right place, often requires making difficult decisions in difficult times. Choose the Right Long-Term Care helps you understand the many alternatives to nursing facilities and shows you how to fit the care you need to the funds you have available.
Learn how to:
The completely updated 4th edition provides all new information about estate planning, plus a new chapter on the special care needs of elders with Alzheimer's Disease and other forms of mental disorientation. With sensitivity and clarity, Attorney Joseph Matthews gives you all the information necessary to help plan for and make the best arrangements for long-term care.
- Arrange Home Care Understand what home care can do, what kind of care is available where you live, and how to arrange for services.
- Find a Non-Nursing Facility Residence Learn about the many varieties of independent living and assisted living residential care communities, and how to choose one that matches your needs and budget.
- Choose a Nursing Home If you need a nursing facility, find out what to look for and how to assess the quality of care.
- Get the Most out of Medicare, Medicaid and Other Benefit Programs Understand the regulations concerning benefit programs, what they cover and how to qualify for them.
- Evaluate Long-Term Care Insurance Find out whether long-term care insurance is a good investment for you.
- Protect Some of Your Assets Avoid draining your life savings and losing your home as you cover the costs of long-term care.
UF Bookstore Main | Home