If you are...
- approaching retirement
- retiring early
- changing jobs
- looking to borrow money from your retirement plan
- wondering what to do with an inherited plan
...you need this book! IRAs, 401(k)s and Other Retirement Plans helps you make sense of the rules that govern distributions from retirement plans, and avoid the stiff penalties that lurk in the fine print. It covers the different types of retirement plans -- including 401(k)s and other profit-sharing plans, Keoghs, IRAs and tax-deferred annuities -- and the taxes and penalties that can deplete your nest egg.
In accessible, plain English, IRAs covers:
- the tax strategies before retirement
- the tax strategies at retirement
- dividing a plan at divorce
- tax penalties for taking your money out early
- methods for avoiding tax penalties
- distributions you must take during your lifetime
- distributions to your heirs after your death
- Roth IRAs
With this book as your guide, you'll know the rules, avoid the penalties and save for your future like a pro.