Quick and Easy Access to IRS Tax Help and Tax Products
Summary: This text explains how the taxpayer can get tax help and forms. It states:
You can access the IRS website 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, at www.irs.gov to:
- Access commercial tax preparation and e-file services available for FREE to eligible taxpayers
- Check the status of your 2005 refund
- Download forms, instructions, and publications
- Order IRS. products online
- See answers to frequently asked tax questions
- Search publications online by topic or keyword
- Figure your withholding allowances using our Withholding Calculator
- Send us comments or request help via email
- Sign up to receive local and national tax news by email
Obtain forms, instructions, and publications by calling 1-800-829-3676 to order current year forms, instructions, and publications
and prior year forms and instructions. You should receive your order within 10 days.
Pick up certain forms, instructions, and publications at many post offices, libraries, and IRS offices,. Some grocery stores,
copy centers, city and county government offices, credit unions, and office supply stores have a collection of reproducible
tax forms available to photocopy or print from a CD-ROM.
Send your order for tax products to: National Distribution Center, P.O. Box 8903, Bloomington, IL 61702–8903. You should receive
your products within 10 days after we receive your order.
Order IRS Publication 1796, Federal Tax Products on CD, and obtain:
- Current tax forms, instructions, and publications
- Prior year tax forms, instructions and publications
- Popular tax forms which may be filled-in electronically, printed out for submission, and saved for recordkeeping
- Internal Revenue Bulletin and much more.
Purchase the CD via the Internet at www.irs.gov/cdorders from the National Technical Information Service (N.T.I.S.) or from
the Government Printing Office (GPO) at http://bookstore.gpo.gov/irs for $25 (no handling fee). Order by phone from NTIS at
1-877-233-6767 or from GPO at 1-866-512-1800 for $25 (plus a $5 handling fee). Availability: First release—in January, Final