September 27, 1991
New Statistical Data on
Tax-Exempt Organizations Available
A new publication, the "Compendium of Studies of Tax-Exempt Organizations,
1974-87" contains all the articles written on tax-exempt organizations by the
Statistics of Income Division of the Internal Revenue Service.
The compendium is organized into primary topic areas; nonprofit charitable
organizations, private foundations and unrelated business income of exempt organizations.
The introduction to each section outlines major topics and significant tax law changes.
Highlights include the following articles:
- Private Foundation Returns, 1986-87
- Nonprofit Charitable Organizations: Highlights of Tax Year 1986 Data
- Private Foundations as Investors and Distributors of Tax- Exempt Charitable Dollars,
- Nonprofit Charitable Organizations: A Decade of Change, 1975-1985
- Exempt Organization Business Income Tax Returns, 1987
"The Compendium of Studies of Tax-Exempt Organizations" is available from the
Director, Statistics of Income Division (R:S), Internal Revenue Service, P.O. Box 2608,
Washington, D.C. 20013-2608. The price of the publication is $26.00 Checks should be made
payable to the IRS Accounting Section.
For other statistical information and services, call the Statistical Information
Services Desk at (202) 874-0410 or write to the Director, Statistics of Income Division.
Previous | Next
1991 IRS News Releases | News Releases Main | Home